Landscape Architecture Internship - Land Design Associates, Inc.
St. Simons Island, Georgia
LDA is seeking a Landscape Architect Intern in St. Simons Island, Georgia
This position is expected to begin in May/June 2023
Land Design Associates, Inc. (“LDA”) is committed to providing you with the resources to help you grow and discover your potential. We promote an environment that encourages innovative ideas and allows you to develop the best “how” to get the job done.
• Participates in design review meetings and reviews and monitors design with particular attention to scope, cost changes and constructability
• Prepare planning documents, conceptual and schematic designs, illustrations and graphics, construction details, construction documents, technical specifications and cost estimates for a wide variety of public and private sector projects
• Creates work plans for assigned tasks. Monitors and projects personal workload status, advising supervisor of difficulties in accomplishing schedules
• Coordinates and checks work carefully to minimize all deficiencies, errors and omissions
• Works with project team to prepare and update progress schedules including short term interval schedules
• Maintains orderly work files and prepares clear, well written memos/ correspondence. When assigned, prepares presentation materials
• Ability to plan and organize multiple projects and effectively work with other Landscape Architects, Engineers, Designers and Technicians
• Assists Licensed Professional in field inspections, development of solutions to field problems, preparation of field orders, addenda and record drawings
• Seeking a student pursuing a professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college or university
•Proficiency in AutoCAD is necessary
•Proficiency in LandFX and excel
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
LDA will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessities. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Compensation is commensurate with capabilities.
LDA is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Forward resume, portfolio, and inquiries to: JeffHomans@gmail.com